As mother's we tend to put off the things we really want to do.
There's always something more important than a girl's trip...or is there?! Ever since we launched at the Mandarin Oriental Spa last February, we've been talking about, "Just booking the trip"! But work and life kept getting in the way.
We're so glad we made it a priority to have some fun together and celebrate our 3rd year in business. It forced us to slow down and take stock of how far we've come. We'd like to give a special thank you to The Mandarin Oriental (MO) for gifting us a luxury 5 star experience!
MO Miami is a unique urban resort located on the three acre, exclusive island of Brickell Key. Providing lush open spaces and light sea breezes, the Five-star hotel and spa offers an ideal location within walking distance to the finest shopping, dining and nightlife experiences in Miami while providing the ultimate tranquil oasis for an escape.
Here are 5 reasons why you have to stay at The Mandarin Oriental Miami:
1. Safety first. The Mandarin is almost on its own private island. Which is fitting because its opulence is in a class of its own. We felt SO safe. The state of the country is a bit tense right now, with muggings and homelessness at an all time high. And you see that all over Miami, but not on Brikell Key. At dinner we noticed young girls jogging around the island alone. So the next evening, we did the same. There's a beautiful park with lush green grass, grab a yoga mat and work out on the ocean. So peaceful and serene, we wondered, "How much is one of these condo's? I could totally retire here!"
View from our 10th story suite.
Our Junior Bay View Suite was totally private with 180 degree views!
2. La Mar by Gastón Acurio. If you're a foodie like us, you'll be in heaven at La Mar. The service was top notch. We love to share and try lots of things so we ordered the Catch of the Day. It was fried to perfection in bite sized pieces almost like a luxe popcorn chicken with a sweet chili sauce, we were litteraly moaning at the table. We also shared the steak empañadas, Tuna Ceviche, and Coconut Sufflé. A gourmet twist on Carribean food, they were all just as mouth watering as the last. The drink presentation and the garnishes were so good too! Freshly squeezed watermelon margaritas...we needed a wheel chair back to our room!
3. The Five Star SPAhhhhh. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with 5 star service. Rose tea and slippers. Followed by ice cold champagne after our ultimate relaxation massages. From start to finish the spa was a class act. The amenities and views were all amazing and they had everything you need to get beautiful before dinner! Including an infrared shower and the most luxurious oils used during our treatments left us glistening all day. The product selection in the boutique was so enticing from gorgeous jewelry to hard to find exclusive skincare and of course our full range of Celuí products in every scent and size including all of our candles.
4. Margarita filled coconuts on a private beach? Yes, please! For ultimate hydration, they bring you a tray with the water from inside your coconut in a separate glass and your favorite cocktail inside the coconut! The pool boys are so sweet, Julio made our afternoon. The food was also awesome by the pool and then we got our own cabana on the beach (included with your stay).
5. MO Miami is close to all the hot spots! Brikell Key is a 5 minute Uber (or take the hotel shuttle from 11am-9pm) to downtown Miami and just 15 minutes to South Beach. On the second night, we had drinks at Sexy Fish (a nightclub and restaurant that everyone told us was a must go), dinner at Komodo (amazing) and then bottle service the following day at Strawberry Moon (Pharrell's new hotel in South Beach). We also shopped at The Webster while out and about)! All of this was a skip from the MO.
Everything from ordering drinks in the lounge to ordering room service breakfast set the bar so high for any other hotel we visit in the future. Their security, attention to detail, timeliness, and service is five star all the way!
WHAT A TRIP! Thank you Mandarin Oriental.